The Producer will oversee the production of weekly episodes of Eco-Solutions (and other segments) each week. He/she will also be managing the budget, delegating work around the region/world for out-sourcing production, delegating and organizing work produced by other members of the team. The Producer will also be responsible for helping/solo-producing several other strands of Hong Kong’s rapidly growing features output (including CNNGo and Talk Asia).
Job Responsibilities :
- Produce interview, shoot, organize and oversee logistics for multiple shoot locations. Check shots and sound, work with crew on set-up to ensure interview goes smoothly.
- Secure guests by building a network of contacts, organize regular meetings with managers and PR agencies, book & secure appropriate guest interviews. Source interview locations and work out crew logistics (including availability of camera crew & appropriate equipment etc).
- Arrange interview preparation; organize guest research, source b-roll, liaise with EP and Legal over fair use & third party footage clearance, plan show futures & oversee script meetings with anchor and technical staff to organize show direction, interview strategy and production timeline.
- Edit, organize transcript, decide on show content, log b-roll and provide edit instructions. Check fonts and overall look of the show. Produce a corresponding TV promo and vignette. Liaise with dot.com staff for streaming and website updates.
- Work with various entities within the Company including PR, Legal, Sales, Marketing and Interactive etc; and to supervise interns attached to the show.
- Contribute to the overall structure and development of the Hong Kong Features Unit.
Required Qualifications :
- University degree in a related field.
- A minimum of 5 years in an international news environment.
- Feature show and/or TV news production experience. Experience as a reporter an advantage.
- Good leadership and organizational skills, strong editorial judgment, flexibility, ability to multi-task .
- Ability to write good, concise news scripts appropriate to a range of different subject matters
- Experience in Green/Environmental matters is preferred.
- Willing to work unpredictable hours and quick to adapt to changes that affect each show.
- Potential of frequent travel.
- Experience in sourcing/securing international guests, managing the budget & staff for a weekly show.
- Knowledge of Asian languages an advantage.
Interested applicants please send a full resume, with details of existing and expected salary, to firstname.lastname@example.org.